#GoodFunSD Hashtag Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who post or tweet utilizing #GoodFunSD at facebook.com/sdlottery and twitter.com/sdlottery and who are 18 years or older, as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of the United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of the South Dakota Lottery, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the "Employees"), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By entering, the Participator ("You") agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of the South Dakota Lottery as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on September 23, 2016, 5:00 p.m. CST and ending September 23, 2017, 5:00 p.m. CST. Sweepstakes winners will be drawn on or around the 15th of each calendar month. All online posts and tweets must be received by the 14th of each calendar month before 5:00 p.m. CST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by incorporating the hashtag #GoodFunSD in a weekly post or tweet at facebook.com/sdlottery and twitter.com/sdlottery, respectively. The post or tweet must fulfill all Campaign requirements including the usage of the Campaign hashtag #GoodFunSD, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the South Dakota Lottery. You may enter only once per week. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of the South Dakota Lottery.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the "Winner") will receive $100 in scratch tickets OR a $100 gift card from a participating retailer, subject to the South Dakota Lotteryâ€™s discretion. Winners who are currently Player's Club members at the time of Winner selection will receive an additional Lottery prize pack valued at $25. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the South Dakota Lottery. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at the South Dakota Lottery's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the South Dakota Lottery to use Winner's name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected weekly by a random drawing of eligible posts or tweets using #GoodFunSD during the previous calendar week under the supervision of the South Dakota Lottery. Winner will be notified by Facebook personal message or Twitter direct message using the profile address used for posting within five (5) days following selection of Winner. The South Dakota Lottery shall have no liability for Winner's failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner's provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. Fulfillment will be completed by the South Dakota Lottery by mail within ten (10) working days. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within seven (7) calendar days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT THE SOUTH DAKOTA LOTTERY'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that the South Dakota Lottery, anyone acting on behalf of the South Dakota Lottery, and the South Dakota Lottery's licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party's proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of the South Dakota Lottery. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the South Dakota Lottery from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which the South Dakota Lottery may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party's right.
9. Terms & Conditions: the South Dakota Lottery reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond the South Dakota Lottery's control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, the South Dakota Lottery may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the South Dakota Lottery. The South Dakota Lottery reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. The South Dakota Lottery has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, the South Dakota Lottery reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless the South Dakota Lottery and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant's participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND SOUTH DAKOTA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in South Dakota having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney's fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner's name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: The South Dakota Lottery 711 E. Wells Ave, Pierre SD, 57501. Requests must be received no later than September 23, 2017 before 5:00 p.m. CST.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Lawrence & Schiller, 3932 S. Willow Avenue, Sioux Falls, SD 57108.
15. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by the South Dakota Lottery is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
16. Twitter: The Campaign hosted by the South Dakota Lottery is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Twitter.