Video Lottery System Conversion
As you may have heard, the South Dakota Lottery is partnering with Scientific Games to implement a new video lottery system. This will be an important process for all members of the video lottery industry, and our goal is to provide the best communication possible regarding the new system’s features and the latest news related to the conversion. This webpage will serve as a resource to provide the latest information on the system conversion.
New System Benefits
- Handles multiple communication protocols
- Ticket validations by Site Controller
- One user interface - single point of entry, one click configuration
- Monitors both VLT's and Site Controllers
- Real Time Communication, which will drastically decrease the number of non-reporting terminals
- Download of software upgrades
- Remote configuration of site controllers
- Robust reporting and business intelligence tools housed in an Operator Portal
- One System Conversion
- Duplex Primary and Duplex Backup Systems
While this is an exciting time within the industry, we understand that you may have some questions and concerns. In order to address some of these concerns, the Lottery and Scientific Games have hosted townhall meetings. To date, these townhall meetings have been held in Sioux Falls in Rapid City, but more are expected to be announced in the near future.
Couldn't attend a townhall meeting? Click here to access the presentation slides.
- Townhall Meetings begin, January 2020
- Operator Contracts/ Agreements, Late March 2020
- Site surveys, April 2020
- System Testing Complete, July 2020
- Conversion to New Connexus System - All Establishments Migrate, August 2020
- Pilot Roll-Out of Site Equipment (# of Sites TBD), August 2020
- Full Conversion to new site equipment begins, September 2020
- New Equipment Conversion Complete, December 2020
- Legacy Site Controller Shut Down Deadline, February 1, 2021
Please note that all dates are tentative.
Frequently Asked Questions