Video Lottery System Conversion
As you know, the South Dakota Lottery is partnering with Scientific Games to implement a new video lottery system. While the COVID-19 situation caused a slight delay in this process, we are excited to share that the next steps are on the horizon.
As noted, operators have two options in terms of site controller payments. They may choose the full, one-time payment of $2,395, which would be billed as part of the sweep following installation. They also have the option of making two payments for site controllers. The first payment of $1,395 would be billed as part of the sweep following installation, and the final payment of $1,000 will be part of the January 2022 sweep.
This is an exciting time for the video lottery industry, and we look forward to taking these next steps in partnership with you. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to our team or Scientific Games for more information.
New System Benefits
- Handles multiple communication protocols
- Ticket validations by Site Controller
- One user interface - single point of entry, one click configuration
- Monitors both VLT's and Site Controllers
- Real Time Communication, which will drastically decrease the number of non-reporting terminals
- Download of software upgrades
- Remote configuration of site controllers
- Robust reporting and business intelligence tools housed in an Operator Portal
- One System Conversion
- Duplex Primary and Duplex Backup Systems
While this is an exciting time within the industry, we understand that you may have some questions and concerns. In order to address some of these concerns, the Lottery and Scientific Games have hosted townhall meetings. More are expected to be announced in the near future.
- November 4, 2020: The field conversion have begun.
- April 1, 2021: The transition to Connexus will be completed. Sites that have not been updated will be disabled/turned off.
Please note that all dates are tentative.